Baby Graf's timeline

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

1 year and many more...

 Wow. It's been a year! The last couple weeks I've been noticing how he's not my little bundle of joy. He is a big boy now. He has teeth. He helps clean up. He jabbers on and on. Sings songs to the beat of his own heart. Dances. And, he looks more and more like a Toddler everyday, rather than my little baby.
It's a little crazy that he's so old. I feel like he just joined us last week. I must say, I don't feel I've given him 100%. I want to try and be a better mom. I thought the whole mother thing was instilled in me and I'd have every answer for everything. I was so wrong. I want to put as much effort into being a better mom as I did when I was trying to get pregnant and then during my pregnancy. I researched everything. I am still very clueless to many motherly duties. For instance, sippy cups. Though he caught on too using them today, why didn't I know I was supposed to introduce them at 4 months? I know I'm his mother and should do things when I feel he's ready, but I didn't even know it was a choice back then. I want to know my choices, options. That way I can make a more informed decision on how to raise him.

1 comment:

  1. I never researched anything...maybe that explains a lot. =/
    I think you are doing fine. I know there are some days you will feel overwhelmed. Just know that the next day, you will get to do it all again, and maybe be more towards where you want to be. Enjoy being a mom...that's what you put the effort in for. They chose you, because you posses everything they need to become who they are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete