Baby Graf's timeline

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, April 21, 2011

When's it gonna be my turn?

In 4th grade, we had our "womanly talk" and watched video's and all that good stuff. We were told that some of our friends were already having their periods. After the class, some of the girls were bragging about getting theirs and I felt left out. I wanted mine! I waited 3 long years to finally get mine, nad nevertheless, it came.

Well, a few months ago there were girls in my group, due after me, that were telling everyone about how they were leaking colostrum from their boobs. I was jealous. I felt like I was in 4th grade again, waiting and waiting. Well, the wait is over! We have leakage!

I know that's sounds silly, and why on earth would I want to brag about it on my blog?! Well, after having a reduction in '01, I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed. My dr told wanted to know if I planned on breastfeeding, and I told him I did. But that was 10 years ago! How was I supposed to know if every thing went ok? I'm hoping this is a good sign that every thing is well in the boobie area.

1 comment:

  1. Breastfeeding is by far one of the most magical moments of my day. You will love it! Its just you and your little man, its something only you can give to him, and you are providing the best nutrients there are. And it is FREE!!! Plus it doesn't make his spit up stink. :)

    ReplyDelete